The Archdiocese of Ernakulam-Angamaly celebrated on 12th June 2015 the feast of Sacred Heart of Jesus, to which it is consecrated. The Archdiocese was established as a Vicariate by the Bull "Quae Rei Sacrae" of Pope Leo XIII on 28 July 1896.The festal celebrations started with the Solemn Holy Qurbana presided over by Major Archbishop Mar George Cardinal Alencherry. Bishops Mar Sebastian Adayanthrath, Mar Jose Puthenveettil and all other priests in the Major Archbishops House, Ernakulam concelebrated in the Solemn Mass. The sisters from all the surrounding communities took part in the Holy Mass. The Holy Mass was followed by Eucharistic adoration under the leadership of the brothers from the Archdiocese Sacred Heart Minor Seminary, Thrikkakkra.